The DP World Southampton terminal covers an area of almost 100 hectares, all situated within its own secure compound.
Huge amounts of investment have gone into bigger cranes, deeper berths, an expanded fleet of terminal vehicles, and upgraded IT systems.
- 1.92 km of deepwater quay (up to 16 metres depth alongside)
- Accommodates vessels up to 430 metres in length
- 17 quayside cranes with state of the art super post panamax capability (24 wide).
- Fleet of hybrid straddle carriers
- Choice of three rail operators – DB Cargo, Freightliner and GB Railfreight
- 22 trains a day to key inland destinations
- Excellent motorway connections
- Average sub 35 minute turnround of trucks
- Connected to major ports throughout Asia, including four weekly calls from Hong Kong, five from Shanghai and six weekly calls from Singapore
- A weekly service from the Indian subcontinent, taking in the ports of Mumbai, Karachi and Dubai
- A weekly service to the North American ports, calling New York, Norfolk and Charleston
- Regular, scheduled feeder connections with Ireland, Scotland and mainland Europe
- ISO 28000:2007 - Security
- ISO 9001:2015 - Quality
- ISO 45001:2018- Occupational Health and Safety
- AEOF – Customs simplications/Security and Safety
- ISO 14001:2015 - Environment
Shipping Services and Destinations
Visit our interactive map for the latest services calling Southampton and to see how connected our terminal and logistics businesses are throughout the world.View Map
Unrivalled Road and Rail Connectivity
DP World Southampton benefits from fantastic road and rail links, enabling swift onward transportation of containers and their contents throughout the UK.Read More