DP World London Gateway opened a 14-acretruck parking facility in 2018 providing, short-term truck parking for vehicles using the port-pay as you go model.
This is 5.24 acre common-user facility is operated by Hireco TL Limited. In addition to being a truck park generator, Hireco is a trailer rental and truck leasing business. The site features 169 bays for trucks and trailers. With ANPR activated gates, the park is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Trucks can roll in, have their number plates scanned and roll out after their stop.
There are designated bays for contract customers, cash and card pay stations for casual customers and an app-based payment system may come later.
The facility is fully equipped with separate male and female toilets and showers, a café/ restaurant and vending machines.
The rest of the truck park is split into four yards:
- ATL Haulage Contractors Ltd, a leading transport company, providing logistics services and assisting the carriage of both import and export cargo, occupies one yard of 2.64 acres and provides parking for up to 80 trucks. The yard is also the haulier’s operational headquarters.
- Wincanton, the largest third-party logistics operator (3PL), providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands, occupies a 3.32-acre yard.
- Seven Lincs Limited, part of the Seven Group, occupies a yard of 1.3 acres, providing a comprehensive range of container transport and logistics services.
- Cosco Shipping Crystal Logistics Limited occupies 1.3 acres, providing full logistics management for all types of construction.
- A further 2 acre yard is available for immediate occupation adjacent to the UPs facility.