rotate your device to portrait mode
Talking to our peers about challenges for women in male dominated industries
In 2018, DP World launched Women Empowerment as one of our Sustainability and Impact Pillars. As part of this DP World launched its DPWorld4Women initiatives. We launched a number of new initiatives including a DPWorld4Women Breakfast Series. This is a series of session run with external organisations to discuss different ways to attract and support more women into male dominated industries.
Our most recent event was hosted at Airbus with 45 attendees, from over 25 external companies introducing the 7 United Nations Women Empowerment Principles.
We had positive feedback about the event with 71% of participants rating the event excellent, 100% of participants found the topics discussed interesting and useful and 100% of the participants found the DPWorld4Women event inspired them to take further actions to support women empowerment.
7 UN Women Empowerment Principles:
1. Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
2. Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
3. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
4. Promote education, training and professional development for women
5. Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
6. Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
7. Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
We are due to host the next follow-up session No.2 during Q2 2019 to discuss the progress of designing and implementing women’s initiatives in different businesses.