GCCA Presents European Logistics Council as the Voice of Cold Chain in Europe
The Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) is proud to present its European Logistics Council as the voice of cold chain in Europe. The Council was appointed and launched in November 2020 as a new leadership group advocating for the interests of GCCA’s European membership community, replacing the former “European Advisory Council”. DP World Antwerp's Senior Commercial Manager Ron Van Gestel is part of the Council.
Composed of GCCA temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation members, the Council contribute their experience, influence, and vision to promote cold chain overall, to enhance industry services and resources, and to help advance the sector.
Eleven European members have been appointed to serve on the Council for a renewable two-year term for members at large, and one year for the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Manuel Cabrera-Kabana, Director, Friopuerto Investment, Spain (elected Chair)
- Niels Lundgaard-Svenstrup, Board Member, Coldstar, Denmark (elected Vice Chair)
- Tasos Charitonidis, Operations and Customer service Dpt., Alaska Cold Stores, Greece (warehouse member)
- Xavier Haspeslagh, Owner, Stockhabo, Belgium (warehouse member)
- Andrew Lawrence, Director, Magnavale, United Kingdom (warehouse member)
- George Lee, Commercial Director UK & Ireland, Agro Merchants Group, Ireland (transportation member)
- Joris Olbrechts, Director, Jodifrost, Belgium (warehouse member)
- Jeroen Tempels, Managing Director, Eurofrigo, Netherlands (warehouse member)
- Ron van Gestel, Senior Commercial Manager, DP World, Belgium (transportation member)
- Ben van Leeuwen, Global Business Development Manager, Frigolanda, Netherlands (warehouse member)
- Kris Verbruggen, Managing Director, Frigo Logistics, Poland (transportation member)
The Council has set a number of priorities on which we will focus our efforts in 2021. These include:
- Carbon footprint reduction and climate change targets;
- Cold storage insurance;
- Labour and talent development;
- Market data.
Council service empowers members to engage in focused, high-level strategic discussions about the industry and association programmes. This is a unique chance for members to learn from their peers while giving back to the association by sharing their time and experience.
The Global Cold Chain Alliance acts as a community to protect the interests of its members. If you are interested to engage with GCCA, please visit GCCA's website for more information.
About the Global Cold Chain Alliance
Comprised of its Core Partners, including the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses (IARW), the World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO), the International Refrigerated Transportation Association (IRTA), and the Controlled Environment Building Association (CEBA), the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) represents all major industries engaged in temperature-controlled logistics. GCCA unites all partners to be innovative leaders in the temperature-controlled products industry, and forge a universally strong cold chain where every perishable product retains quality and safety through each link. GCCA represents nearly 180 million cubic meters of temperature-controlled storage spread across over 1,200 facilities; over 375 temperature-controlled transporters; 245 controlled-environment builders and contractors, as well as more than 350 equipment suppliers and other cold chain vendors; all in 83 countries. For more information, visit www.gcca.org